Sunday 8 April 2012

[FLY TO SEOUL: NOV2011] Namdaemun Nomu Choaaaaa~~


Title translation: Namdaemun is really gooood!

The first time I went to Seoul, I didn't reach Namdaemun. This time, althought it wasn't on the itinerary, we managed to get ourselves shopping in Namdaemun. Isn't it the best shopping spot ever! I liked Namdaemun better than Dongdaemun, cos I think it has more free-market feel compared to Dongdaemun, which is more fashion-oriented. 

We got there around 2-3pm, it was really cold that day, around 2-3'Celcius. The best thing about this place was that it has everything in one place. from souvenir to jewelleries to kitchen items. Suitable for the whole family to find anything that they might be interested in.

Wawa and the other girls were splurging on brooches for their moms and girlfriends. I bought a silver bangle for my mom and fedora for my dad. Surprisingly the fedora/hat salesman could speak a little bit of Bahasa. I was bargaining like crazy cos he wanted to sell the fedora at 20,000won. I was like, "lima belas ribu!" and he went "dua puluh!" (20,000won) and I bargained again and again until he agreed to sell at "enam belas ribu" (16,000won) ~ kekeke....Terima kasih! <3

Maisarah bought belt for her dad, and it was funny cos the ahjumma couldn't speak English at all and Maisarah went on speaking Malay! LOOOOLLL it was hillarious! The ahjumma was like "igeon bla bla bla~ igeoneun...blablabla" *while showing the belts and comparing for Mai to make her choice* Then Maisarah went like "oklah nak yang nilah ahjumma~". The best thing was, they understood each other! LMAO Maisarah is really the best! kekeke


Piccas


   






We left Namdaemun around 4.30pm, it was getting darker as there were many hawkers setting up their stalls, mainly street food stalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment